StackStorm is still under active development. We welcome community feedback, and encourage contributions. Here’s what we see as our top priorities:
- Multi-node deployments: Provide platform support for content deployment to multiple worker nodes, with better integration with git/GitHub. Simplify development and deployment of “automation as code” at scale.
- Multi target configurations for integration packs: For a given integration pack, define and manage multiple targets. This should allow the user to choose which one of a set of configurations to use for a given action.
- Docker based installer: Complete the vision of OS independent, layered Docker-based installer, to increase reliability, modularity, and speed of deployment.
- History and Audit service: History view with advanced search over years worth of execution records, over multiple versions of continuously upgraded StackStorm.
- At-scale refinements: Ensure event handling reliability, and event storm resilience. Complete support for multi-node deployment of sensor containers and rules engines for resilience and throughput.
- Security hardening: Complete security audit and address issues discovered so far.
- First class Windows support: switch to pywinrm for better license. Remote PowerShell via Powershell.REST.API. Windows-native ActionRunners.
- Projects and Uber-flow: Introduce projects to group and manage rules and workflows. Handle versions and dependencies. “Productize” flow-rule-flow-rule chain pattern, aka “uber-flow”. Manage large number of automations across users and teams, on a single StackStorm deployment at enterprise scale.
- Action Output Structure Definition: Enable optional definition of action payload, so that it can be inspected and used when passing data between actions in workflows.
- RBACv2: * Filters: Tag and property based filters, more refined and convenient access control. * Permissions: Permissions on key value objects, arbitrary triggers, support for a default role to be assigned to new users. * WebUI: UI for RBAC configuration. * ChatOps: Allow users to authenticate with StackStorm via bot on chat. Check permissions of the user who triggered an action / ran a command. Introduce a special set of permission types for ChatOps.
- API Docs: Generate REST API docs.
- Monitoring Docs: Create StackStorm monitoring guidelines.
- More integration packs: push more content to the community to help work with most common and widely used tools. Tell us if there is a tool you love and think we should integrate with, or better yet write a pack!
Is there some other feature you’re desperately missing? Submit an issue!
Done in v2.1
- StackStorm Pack Exchange: Make integration and automation packs discoverable, continuously tested, and community rated. Solve the problem of packs spread all over GitHub.
- Ubuntu Xenial (16.04) support
Done in v1.6
- MongoDB: MongoDB 3.x support
- Datastore: Access K/V datastore from the Mistral workflows
Done in v1.5
- Pack configuration: Configuration separated from the pack code
- Datastore: Key/value datastore secrets
Done in v1.4
- Packaging: Deprecation of All-in-One Installer
- Packaging: Native deb/rpm packages with bundled python dependencies
- ChatOps: ChatOps API support for Slack/Hipchat providers
Done in v1.3
st2 re-run- resume failed workflows
- Scale: Garbage collection service
Done in v1.2
- Packs: Pack Testing support
- ChatOps: Fully reworked ChatOps with Jinja templating
- Policies: Timeout and retry policies
Done in v1.1
- FLOW: Visual workflow representation and drag-and-drop workflow designer.
- RBAC: Role based access control for packs, actions, triggers and rules.
- Pluggable auth backends including PAM, Keystone, Enterprise LDAP.
- All-in-one installer: production ready single-box reference deployment with graphical setup wizard.
- RHEL 6 and 7 support
- Trace-tags: ability to track a complete chain of triggers, rules, executions, related to a given triggering event.
- Native SSH: replace Fabric; Fabric based SSH still available and can be enabled via config.
- WebUI major face-lift
Done in v0.11
- ChatOps: two-way chat integration beyond imagination.
- More integration packs: Major integrations - Salt, Ansible, some significant others. Check the full list.
Done in v0.9
- Experimental windows support: windows runner, and windows commands.
- Web UI complete basics: rule create/edit/delete in UI.
Done in v0.8
- Web UI: refactor history view, create and edit rules and workflows, add graphical representations for workflow definitions and executions.
- Improving Mistal integration: simplified Mistral DSL for StackStorm actions, visibility of workflow executions, and reliabile of StackStorm-Mistral communication. Includes Mistral improvements, features, and fixes.
- Operational supportability: Better output formats, better visibility to ongoing actions, better logs, better debugging tools.
- Scale and reliability improvements: deployed and run at scale, shown some good numbers, and more work identified.
Done in v0.6.0
- YAML: complete moving to YAML for defining rules, action and trigger metadata, configurations, etc.
- Plugin isolation and management: Improved managements of sensors, action runners and provide isolated environments.
- Reliability: improvements on sensor and action isolation and reliability
See Changelog for the full gory history of everything we’ve delivered so far.
Questions? Problems? Suggestions? Engage!