The documentation you're currently reading is for version 2.2.1. Click here to view documentation for the latest stable version.
StackStorm is still under active development. We welcome community feedback, and encourage contributions. Here’s what we see as our top priorities:
- Multi-node deployments: Provide platform support for content deployment to multiple worker nodes, with better integration with git/GitHub. Simplify development and deployment of “automation as code” at scale.
- Multi target configurations for integration packs: For a given integration pack, define and manage multiple targets. This should allow the user to choose which one of a set of configurations to use for a given action.
- Docker based installer: Complete the vision of OS independent, layered Docker-based installer, to increase reliability, modularity, and speed of deployment.
- History and Audit service: History view with advanced search over years worth of execution records, over multiple versions of continuously upgraded StackStorm.
- At-scale refinements: Ensure event handling reliability, and event storm resilience. Complete support for multi-node deployment of sensor containers and rules engines for resilience and throughput.
- Security hardening: Complete security audit and address issues discovered so far.
- First class Windows support: switch to pywinrm for better license. Remote PowerShell via Powershell.REST.API. Windows-native ActionRunners.
- Projects and Uber-flow: Introduce projects to group and manage rules and workflows. Handle versions and dependencies. “Productize” flow-rule-flow-rule chain pattern, aka “uber-flow”. Manage large number of automations across users and teams, on a single StackStorm deployment at enterprise scale.
- Action Output Structure Definition: Enable optional definition of action payload, so that it can be inspected and used when passing data between actions in workflows.
- RBACv2: * Filters: Tag and property based filters, more refined and convenient access control. * Permissions: Permissions on key value objects, arbitrary triggers, support for a default role to be assigned to new users. * WebUI: UI for RBAC configuration. * ChatOps: Allow users to authenticate with StackStorm via bot on chat. Check permissions of the user who triggered an action / ran a command. Introduce a special set of permission types for ChatOps.
- API Docs: Generate REST API docs.
- Monitoring Docs: Create StackStorm monitoring guidelines.
- More integration packs: push more content to the community to help work with most common and widely used tools. Tell us if there is a tool you love and think we should integrate with, or better yet write a pack!
Is there some other feature you’re desperately missing? Submit an issue!
Done in v2.1
- StackStorm Pack Exchange: Make integration and automation packs discoverable, continuously tested, and community rated. Solve the problem of packs spread all over GitHub.
- Ubuntu Xenial (16.04) support
Done in v1.6
- MongoDB: MongoDB 3.x support
- Datastore: Access K/V datastore from the Mistral workflows
Done in v1.5
- Pack configuration: Configuration separated from the pack code
- Datastore: Key/value datastore secrets
Done in v1.4
- Packaging: Deprecation of All-in-One Installer
- Packaging: Native deb/rpm packages with bundled python dependencies
- ChatOps: ChatOps API support for Slack/Hipchat providers
Done in v1.3
st2 re-run- resume failed workflows
- Scale: Garbage collection service
Done in v1.2
- Packs: Pack Testing support
- ChatOps: Fully reworked ChatOps with Jinja templating
- Policies: Timeout and retry policies
Done in v1.1
- FLOW: Visual workflow representation and drag-and-drop workflow designer.
- RBAC: Role based access control for packs, actions, triggers and rules.
- Pluggable auth backends including PAM, Keystone, Enterprise LDAP.
- All-in-one installer: production ready single-box reference deployment with graphical setup wizard.
- RHEL 6 and 7 support
- Trace-tags: ability to track a complete chain of triggers, rules, executions, related to a given triggering event.
- Native SSH: replace Fabric; Fabric based SSH still available and can be enabled via config.
- WebUI major face-lift
Done in v0.11
- ChatOps: two-way chat integration beyond imagination.
- More integration packs: Major integrations - Salt, Ansible, some significant others. Check the full list.
Done in v0.9
- Experimental windows support: windows runner, and windows commands.
- Web UI complete basics: rule create/edit/delete in UI.
Done in v0.8
- Web UI: refactor history view, create and edit rules and workflows, add graphical representations for workflow definitions and executions.
- Improving Mistal integration: simplified Mistral DSL for StackStorm actions, visibility of workflow executions, and reliabile of StackStorm-Mistral communication. Includes Mistral improvements, features, and fixes.
- Operational supportability: Better output formats, better visibility to ongoing actions, better logs, better debugging tools.
- Scale and reliability improvements: deployed and run at scale, shown some good numbers, and more work identified.
Done in v0.6.0
- YAML: complete moving to YAML for defining rules, action and trigger metadata, configurations, etc.
- Plugin isolation and management: Improved managements of sensors, action runners and provide isolated environments.
- Reliability: improvements on sensor and action isolation and reliability
See Changelog for the full gory history of everything we’ve delivered so far.
Questions? Problems? Suggestions? Engage!